Appeal from Youth for Equality
Hunger strike Day 5 26 May 2008
We , the students of Maulana Azad Med College, Lady Hardinge Med College, University College of Med Sciences, All India Institute of Med Sciences and Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences have been sitting on hunger strike for last 90 hrs (still going on). plus Indraprasth University and Jawaharlal Nehru University have unofficially joined us for the same.. Our demands are as follows:
1) roll back of all reservation based on caste.
2) Implementation of the Right to education act – which guarantees free, compulsory and quality education, a fundamental right of every child.
3) A collegium against the present Chief Justice of India, Mr. Balakrishnan.- who has recently claimed that the concept of creamy layer applies to a community instead of an individual, effectively doing away with the need to exclude this layer from the ambit of reservation.
- We seek support from all Indians, including you, as we stand together for a noble cause.
- We are students who should be studying but we have been pushed to such a futile situation that we are forced to take such desperate measures.
We have been constantly receiving support from eminent personalities like:
- IIT professor, ex director and padma bhushan awardee Indire Sen
- Eminent lawyers from the Supreme court of India.
- Prominent motivational speakers and authors
What you can do for us:
- register yourself at http://www.youthforequality.com/
- regularly visit us at http://www.youthforequality.com/ and apprise yourself of our activities we plan and welcome you to take part in.
- become part of the Y4E planning and organizing committee or as a volunteer – we need manpower
- make copies of this brochure and distribute among neighbours, close friends and relatives.
- Any other way to help us, including suggestions, you find appropriate.
Y4E media cell: 011 – 65099294
Dr Kaushal: 9868340420
Dr Anirudh: 9891287076
Write to us at: email@example.com